The leading Business Professional Platform standing at over over 160 million members worldwide but which statistics are relevant for your business?
- The total number of members as of March 31st 2012 has reached 161 million worldwide. This number has grown by approximately 45% year on year.
- The US holds the largest population of LinkedIn members standing around 63 million. In the UK the user count is still growing – a large number of the population at more than 9 million members.
- The calibre of connections is high within this platform – boasting 39% of members at Management Level or higher – the chances of getting to true decision makers is good.
- Many members are employed by large companies of 10,000 employees or more – 44% of the user base.
- A large number of industries & sectors are represented in the platform but the top 3 consist of High Tech, Finance and Manufacturing.
- In terms of gender & age there are more males at 58% – and the majority of members 68% fall into an age range of between 25 and 54
- The most popular job functions include, Sales, Operations, Entrepreneurs and the strongest growing demographics is graduates.
- There are in excess of 2 million company LinkedIn pages and this is a focus for LinkedIn as they have improved the functionality to display services, allow followers etc
- With over 1 million groups there is a massive scale and opportunity fro collaboration and lead building – this number just keeps growing.
Further Hot LinkedIn News…
LinkedIn agree to acquire Slideshare for in excess of $100m – the popular content sharing community platform that enables users to upload presentations to share online – many of which are companies embedding the slideshare functionality directly on their website – for the official press release visit LinkedIn
LinkedIn continues to grow by mobile. Some may say it has been a while in coming but they have brought a hugely popular iPad app into play – with LinkedIn’s traffic increasing as it is , surely the addition mobile usage from the iPad will keep the momentum going – you can read more about this at VentureBeat
LinkedIn Today – the platforms News Aggregator growing referral traffic at 45% quarter on quarter according to a report from Forbes – a nice mix of current news that meets your interests without the overload!
And to leave you with a nice Infographic – here an image sourced from Infographicslabs